“TVF has totally transformed my teaching in so many ways.”
“I have gone from a very vague teacher to a very specific and informed teacher. I am learning a new more patient and kind way to teach. I am being given the tools to teach in a student-motivated way; encouraging them to ask questions and explore so that they are better equipped to learn on their own. I am learning how to teach my students to be more kind to themselves and grow in confidence in their singing. There is not an area of my teaching that hasn’t been made better because of my work in TVF.”
–Karen Archbold, Professional Singer & Voice Teacher in Chicago, IL
WHAT: A 90-minute online introduction for voice teachers/coaches on how to practically use the principles of the Alexander Technique in their voice studios taught by TVF Founder Peter Jacobson.
WHEN: This training will be offered 2 times (same workshop…2 different options). Choose from:
- Saturday, October 13th @ 11am – 12:30pm US Central Time (Convert to Your Local Zone)
- Monday, October 15th @ 11am – 12:30pm US Central Time (Convert to Your Time Zone)
WHERE: Online via Zoom, a free video conferencing software (like Skype for groups). If you’re unable to attend either session live, a fully replay will be available to view to all registrants.
WHO: This workshop is for voice teachers and vocal coaches who want to learn new holistic tools for their teaching/coaching toolbox (and have a great time in the process!)
WHY: The principles of the Alexander Technique are essential for all musicians to sing and play with minimum tension and maximum freedom. Voice teachers and coaches that have these tools at their disposal will be able to greater help their students solve vocal problems and achieve new breakthroughs.
CLASS FEE: $45
Can’t attend any of the sessions live? All registrants will receive a downloadable recording of the class.
What You’ll Learn
The class will be interactive and draw from the following topics:
Posture, Alignment & Body Freedom
- The importance of your own “body use” in teaching and coaching
- How to be an excellent “body use” role model for your students
- How to teach/coach with less tension so you have more energy after a long day of teaching
Anatomy & Body Mapping
- The #1 most important joint for singers
- 6 essential points of natural balance in the body
- How to use Body Mapping with your students
- How to use YES plans in your teaching, which are conscious, constructive blueprints for singing and performing success
- How to increase motivation and accelerate learning with your students
- The #1 most important question you can ask your students after they sing
Holistic Teaching Strategies
- How to effectively observe and diagnose whole body movement in your students
- What questions to ask your students when they are experiencing tension
- How to use playful experiments to help your students break through limiting habits and blocks
Choose from 5 class options!
Class Fee: $45
What TVF Students Say
“I am seeing faster and more significant progress in my students.”
“…after 30 plus years of teaching, things became a bit stale. So much of my own AT training was with a teacher using a “ hands on” approach. I knew when I felt I was in coordination, but didn’t have enough tools to communicate Alexander’s work well to my students. After only 2 months in TVF Pro, I look forward to teaching again! I feel that now that I have clarity about the design of the body, I can cooperate with it better. For students who might be a little skeptical of AT, I am able to give them concrete information. Already I am seeing faster and more significant progress in my students.”
–Lisa Rogers Lee, Professional Singer & Voice Teacher in Chicago, IL
“The positive outcome from all ages has been startling!”
I’ve been particularly inspired by the notion of encouraging and trusting my students to really listen to themselves, taking more moments of pause for their reflection and processing and trusting in their own bodies’ innate wisdom to correct things (instead of me immediately swooping in and trying to correct things for them). The positive outcome from all ages has been startling! (The Big Greek Family has also been a hit!) I’m feeling curious and positive about my own voice in a way that has been dormant for a while too. Thank you! ❤️❤️”
–Natalie Ford Sadjak, Professional Singer & Voice Teacher in Milwaukee, WI
Have questions? Send us a message now!