Fun Fact: The Phoenix is our mascot, not our location (all our classes take place online!)
Deadline to join is Friday, January 12th @ 8pm US Central!
The Phoenix Project for the Ageless Singer is a new initiative from Total Vocal Freedom focused on supporting and empowering female singers over the age of 50 that are concerned about the longevity and quality of their singing voice in the second half of their life.
Below you will find:
- A recording (35 minutes long) of an interest meeting that was held on Tuesday, January 13th describing the program
- A description of the program and how to join
The Phoenix Project for the Ageless Singer
Interest Meeting Recording
Important Links (mentioned in the interest session)
1. Book a 10-minute chat with Peter
2. Read all about the TVF Academy for Singers
3. Ask Us A Question
Are you just waiting for someone to tell you it’s time to stop singing?
Perhaps the dreaded wobble has started to creep in or maybe you live in constant fear that it will?
Is singing getting more difficult as you age?
Research shows that 100% of all living singers will age. 😉
We’re here to tell you…YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
And we’re here to help.
We have created a brand new program as a part of the TVF Academy called The Phoenix Project for the Ageless Singer.
This program is right for you if you are:
- A female singer over the age of 50 experiencing age-related singing challenges
- Passionate about singing
- Have a basic level of musicianship (you sing in a choir and/or have taken voice lessons in the past)
- Are willing to invest time and energy over the next 5 time months to improve and grow
- Coachable and open to new ideas
TVF Success Stories
To learn about others that have participated in the TVF Academy, you can:
- Forward to the 7:00 in the recording above
- CLICK HERE
The primary purpose of this program is to support and empower female singers over the age of 50 that are concerned about the longevity and quality of their singing voice in the second half of their life. As you can seen from the recording above, several women over the age of 50 have already benefited greatly from their time in the TVF Academy. We want to help with you achieve the same results that they’ve experienced!
The secondary purpose of this project is to gather anecdotal evidence and stories that we can use to more officially document the benefits of the TVF work with this particular demographic. In exchange for your willingness to participate in this pilot project and allow us to use the data and stories we gather, you will receive the Phoenix support group at no additional charge (we will eventually charge an additional $400-500 for this service ).
Because every participant will be coming from a different background and set of experiences, we can’t promise specific results (like getting back that high A or singing like you’re 25 again). However, if you fully invest yourself in this program and do the work, we promise after 5 months that you will:
- Feel GREAT about your singing voice
- Have peace of mind that you are doing everything you can to keep your voice in tip-top shape
What It Is
The TVF approach is holistic in nature and features 3 key elements to produce the results you see mentioned in the recording above:
- Constructive Self-Kindness – How you talk to yourself matters in everything you do. You will learn about the power of constructive thinking (distinct from positive thinking) and how self-kindness can help engender vocal freedom.
- Cooperating With The Design – Our anatomy-based approach will show you how to actively cooperate with your psychophysical design and to access the innate body and vocal freedom that is your birthright.
- Community Learning & Support – We believe people learn best in supportive groups and communities. Our experience has shown that belonging to a like-minded community can make a dramatic difference in a singer’s outlook, attitude and progress.
What It Isn’t
- Voice Lessons – Our non-traditional approach addresses areas that are often not addressed in normal voice lessons.
- Therapy – TVF work is distinctly educational in nature not to be confused with therapy.
How It Works
This program includes 3 components:
1. Education via Weekly Classes in the TVF Academy for Singers
The TVF approach is grounded in principles of the world-famous Alexander Technique, a holistic method that is taught at nearly every major performing arts conservatory in the world. In this program, through TVF Academy classes, you will learn how to practically apply Alexander’s ground-breaking discoveries into your singing practice and your daily life.
TVF Academy classes take place weekly and are 60 minutes long. See class schedule below.
2. Support via Weekly Phoenix Support Group
Your weekly Phoenix support group is the defining feature of this project and what makes it stand out from simply participating in the TVF Academy.
Many singers, as they age and their voices change, struggle with nerves and new vocal tension. More technique and practice is not always the answer. Instead, a new set of skills relating to a changing season of singing is needed. This support group will help you think holistically and creatively in relieving some of the physical and mental struggles you’re facing.
Your support group is exclusively for women who understand what you are experiencing. In these support groups you will find a safe and supportive place to discuss relevant issues, challenges and topics led by a trained TVF facilitator who has overcome similar challenges of their own. This additional layer of support will help give you comfort and show you that you’re not alone.
Phoenix support groups take place weekly and are 60 minutes long. See support group schedule below.
3. Further Support via Phoenix Facebook Community
Phoenix Project participants will also have a dedicated secret Facebook private where you can get further support, accountability, share your successes, get help through your struggles, ask for advice and much more. It’s your new virtual home – a community ready and enthusiastic to support you through this journey together.
The program will also include additional resources to help support you – videos, articles, exercises and occasional guest speakers on relevant topics.
Program Dates & Schedule
During each of these following weeks you will attend one TVF Academy class and one support group:
- January 15 – February 22
- March 6 – March 20
- April 10 – May 23
TVF Academy Class Times
Choose one class time from the following options (same class – four different options):
- Tuesdays @ 9:30 – 10:30am US Central Time (Convert to Your Local Time Zone)
- Tuesdays @ 2:30 – 3:30pmUS Central Time (Convert to Your Local Time Zone)
- Tuesdays @ 8:00 – 9:00pm US Central Time (Convert to Your Local Time Zone)
- Wednesdays @ 2:00 – 3:00pm US Central Time (Convert to Your Local Time Zone)
Support Group Times
Phoenix Support Groups are scheduled for (choose one):
- Monday Support Group with Tracy Van Fleet (starts Monday, January 22nd) @ 1:00 – 2:00pm US Central Time (Convert To Your Local Time Zone)
- Thursday Support Group with Lisa Rogers Lee (starts Thursday, January 18th) @ 10:00 – 11:00am US Central Time (Convert To Your Local Time Zone)
If you’re not able to attend your primary class or group time during a specific week, you can drop in to a different time that week. You can watch all classes and groups on replay, which are available 24/7 in our member’s area.
In addition to attending your weekly classes and support group meetings, you will also submit a weekly journey entry documenting your progress and complete four self-assessments over the 5 months.
Technical Support Provided!
We understand that navigating the technical aspect of an online learning environment can be challenging for people of any age. Our program coordinator Karen Archbold will always be happily available and ready to hold your hand through any technical support that you need. All you have to do is ask!
Instructors & Facilitators
Peter Jacobson is the lead teacher in the TVF Academy. Learn more him here.
Tracy Van Fleet and Lisa Rogers Lee are both highly-qualified professional singers and voice teachers and will each be facilitating a support group. Learn more about Tracy and Lisa at the 7:00 time mark in the recording above.
Limited Spots Available
Because we’re going to really focus on supporting each individual, we’re only accepting
16 14 singers into this pilot program.
How To Join
To become an official member of this program, complete the following 3 steps:
Step 1: Make sure you qualify by answering YES to these 6 questions
- Are you a female singer over the age of 50 experiencing age-related singing challenges?
- Are you passionate about singing?
- Do you have a basic level of musicianship (you sing in a choir and/or have taken voice lessons in the past)?
- Are willing to invest time and energy over the next 5 time months to improve and grow?
- Are you committed to attending a majority of the classes and groups listed above?
- Are you coachable and open to new ideas?
Step 2: Schedule a 10-minute chat with Peter
Peter would like to speak with each person interested in this program to make sure it’s a good fit for both you and TVF. He has set aside time over the next 3 days to speak with you.
Book a time with him here: http://www.scheduleyou.in/qBB7BvzehB.
(If none of these times works, click here to contact Peter directly via Messenger.)
Step 3: Register for the TVF Academy
Your registration is only official once you pay your tuition fees for the TVF Academy (click here to read about the TVF Academy if you haven’t already).
If you want to reserve your spot in this program (spots are limited), it’s encouraged that you pay your tuition fees now.
If for some reason, it’s determined the program won’t work for you, then you can either choose to participate only in the TVF Academy classes (where you’ll still get tremendous value) or receive a full refund.
Click the button below to register for the TVF Academy and secure your spot in The Phoenix Project for the Ageless Singer