IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to current world circumstances, this program is now geared towards teachers are Level I Certification is being offered in a 100% online format.
Welcome to the world’s first and only certification program that offers training in teaching, singing and Alexander Technique!
Dear Fellow Teacher,
On behalf of our entire faculty, let me say thank you for your interest in the TVF Foundations Teacher Certification Program!
This rigorous yet flexible training program for voice teachers, vocal coaches, choral educators, Alexander teachers (and trainees) consists of applying the ground-breaking discoveries of F.M. Alexander (the originator of the Alexander Technique) to teaching, singing, learning and performing.
The program offers three sequential levels of training for teachers:
- Level I: The TVF Teacher’s Course
- Level II: Teaching Outside the Box
- Level III: Grace in Motion
During each level of training you be empowered to give your teaching and singing gifts generously and freely to the world by learning how to remove the interfering factors (whether they be physical, mental or emotional) that get in the way of joyful teaching and connected singing.
By the end of the program, you will possess a rich and varied set of practical tools that will allow you and your students to experience greater freedom, ease and confidence in any teaching, singing or life situation.
Since launching this program (which was previously known as TVF Pro), it’s been thrilling to watch our students make surprising and unexpected discoveries about what’s possible with their teaching and singing. I am extremely proud of our students and how they are awakening to the fullest version of their most authentic creative selves, as teaching and vocal artists.
On this page you will find information about the curriculum, what the program entails and how certification works. If you are excited by what you see here, I invite you to join us for our next training.
To Your Teaching Success!
With Music & Love,
Founder & Executive Director
Total Vocal Freedom for Singers
How The Program Will Benefit You
The TVF Foundations Teacher Certification Program will benefit many areas of your life:
- Help your students solve vocal problems quicker
- Learn to how to expertly guide your students to make faster progress
Your Health & Well-Being
- Enjoy greater vitality and energy
- Learn how to find peace of mind and calm amidst the business of modern life
- Natural relief from tension, pain and stress
- Learn how your body is designed to move most efficiently and naturally
- Increased freedom, resonance, and agility throughout your entire vocal range
- Learn tools to reliably sing and speak with your best voice
Your Practicing & Performing
- Learn how to increase your focus, concentration and self-awareness
- Learn lasting and effective solutions to deal with performing-related fear and anxiety
The TVF Foundations Teacher Certification Program also includes:
- Non-traditional learning
- A warm, nurturing and supportive learning environment
- High standards of excellence
- Engaging and meaningful discussions
- An flexible pedagogy that works in-person and online
- Experiential learning activities and movement explorations
- A respect for each person’s unique individual journey
- A strong emphasis on effective communication and personal growth
- Support and accountability from colleagues and peers
“Through this training program, I really started to have a physical and practical understanding of how Alexander Technique can be helpful to me both in singing and in life.”
Program Graduate (TVF Pro)
Singer & Voice Teacher in Annapolis, Maryland
Program Overview – The 3 Levels of Training
NOTE: Only Level I is being offered at this time. Level II & III will be offered in late 2020 or early 2021.
Level I: The TVF Teachers Course
Level II: Teaching Outside the Box
Description coming soon!
Level III: Grace in Motion
Description coming soon!
- Peter Jacobson, Founder & Director of Total Vocal Freedom
- Eleni Vonsiadou, Founder & Director of Body Consciousness for Musicians
- Michael Hanko, Founder & Director of FreeBody FreeVoice
- Molly Kittle, Founder & Director of MK Soundbody
- Darci Balkcom, Founder & Director of Body Tunes Studio
An Important Note
This program will train you as a TVF Foundations Certified Teacher in 3 levels and will allow you to use any and all TVF Alexander techniques, methods, and exercises. Your Level I certification will mean that you have a basic yet solid intellectual and practical understanding of F.M. Alexander’s discoveries and their application to teaching.
This program does not qualify you as a teacher of the Alexander Technique.
However, the TVF Pro Teacher Training Program, which is by application and invitation only, does provide additional levels of training beyond this program that lead to becoming a fully-certified TVF Pro Alexander teacher. In order to be eligible for this program, you must have at least completed Level I of the TVF Foundations Teacher Certification Program.
NOTE: Each level will be relatively the same cost as Level I (i.e. the price will not increase dramatically for Level II and III)
Estimate of All Tuition Costs for Level I
- TVF Online Foundations Course – $295
- TVF Teacher’s Course – $295
- TVF Academy (3 months @ $95/month) – $285
- Individual Online Lesson @ $125/lesson – $125
- Required Books – $35
- TOTAL: $1,035
The entire Level I package (except for the required books) is available for $885 (save $115!) here.
Program Scholarships – Limited scholarships funding is available. If you’re interested in being considered for a scholarship, please send us a message.
If you have questions, please reach out to us. We’re here to help!
Send Us A Message
Start a chat with us on Facebook!
Send Us An Email
Prefer to send an email? No problem!