Take this quick quiz to find out your Total Vocal Freedom Score!
Instructions: Read each statement and if it’s true, give yourself one point. Add up your points at the end and check your results.
1. I rarely experience tension or pain in my body when singing.
2. I perform as well as I practice.
3. I have excellent breath ‘support’ or ‘control’.
4. I sing with freedom in my extreme registers.
5. I always have clarity about what to practice and how to practice it.
6. Nerves rarely interfere with my performing.
7. My posture & alignment allows me to sing with full power.
8. I feel confident and sure of myself onstage.
9. Finding the motivation to practice is never an issue for me.
10. My singing feels fully connected to my breath.
11. I practice with clear short-term and long-term goals in mind.
12. I rarely run out of air in long phrases.
SCORING YOUR RESULTS
If you scored 10 points and above – Congratulations! You’re so close to Total Vocal Freedom you can probably taste it. Keep up the great work!
If you scored 7-9 points – Great job! You’ve got some things to work on but you’ve probably already made some great progress towards more freedom. Go you!
If you scored 4-6 points – Not too shabby! Though you could definitely use more freedom, you’re not at a total loss. If you had the right tools, you could definitely get your score above 6.
If you scored 3 points or less– You’re in crisis! Time for a major intervention. Seriously stop everything and sign-up for TVF Plus now! 😉
In all seriousness, this quiz represents 4 of the most common areas where I see singers get stuck:
- Body Tension
- Breathing Problems
- Practicing Issues
- Performing Fear
I love helping singers make progress in these areas and have created a curriculum in TVF Plus that addresses each one of these important areas head-on.